Work For ALT
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE - AVAILABLE AUGUST 2017
American Lyric Theater (ALT) is seeking a part-time Program Associate for the Composer Librettist Development Program, the only full-time professional mentorship initiative for gifted operatic writers in the country. The Program Associate will provide support to the Executive Director, Producing Artistic Director, and members of the CLDP faculty on a part time basis, with an average commitment of 20 hours per week. The Program Associate will be required to attend all CLDP class sessions and workshops, and to provide support for the program in-office, as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the Producing Artistic Director, Executive Director, and members of the CLDP Faculty
- Prepare class materials, including hand-outs, audio and video recorded samples
- Arrive for all CLDP class sessions 15 minutes in advance to set up studios and any required technology (ie. CD player, DVD player, computer) for class
- Attend and audio record all CLDP classes and rehearsals; edit recordings to provide clean audio for transcription service
- Coordinate CLDP schedule with Producing Artistic Director and Executive Director
- Serve as primary liaison between ALT and OPERA America for coordination of class and rehearsal space needs
- Communicate regularly with CLDP Resident Artists to ensure timely distribution of schedule and class materials
- Collect all CLDP assignments from Resident Artists and distribute to performers (singers, pianists) as directed by Producing Artistic Director
- Assist Executive Director with issuance and collection of Letters of Agreement for all performers participating in CLDP workshops
- Coordinate all performer rehearsals as part of CLDP
- Print and distribute score materials for CLDP workshops
- Assist the Producing Artistic Director during workshops of operas in development under the auspices of the CLDP
- Assist the Executive Director with coordination of travel and housing for artists as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in music, theater or other related field
- Interest in the development of contemporary opera and the mentorship of composers and librettists
- Maturity and understanding of the artistic process and excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read music
- Computer Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
The Program Associate is a Part Time Salaried Position, 20 hour per week, compensated at $15 per hour. CLDP classes take place during evening and weekend hours. Office responsibilities to be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm). Additional hours may be available during peak workshop periods. No benefits are provided.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
Please send a resume and cover letter with at least two references that can speak directly to your skill set for this position to:
David Rubeo, Executive Director at davidrubeo [at] altnyc [dot] org.
Please have the subject line of the e-mail read “[Your last name, Your first name]: Program Associate”.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone solicitations please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
American Lyric Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.